At Lincoln Security we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website. In particular we want you to know that Lincoln Security is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email addresses with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
This policy demonstrates how Lincoln Security Limited is compliant to GDPR and details how and why we collect your data, what we do with it, how we store it and how you can advise us to delete it if you wish for us to no longer have access to it.
Lincoln Security takes the privacy of your information very seriously.
Scope of Lincoln Security Website Policy
What Data Do We Collect When You Use Our Website ?
In order for us to provide the best service and products to you, when visiting our website we may collect the following personal data, which may include:
2. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
3. Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
4. IP address (automatically collected)
5. Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
6. Operating system (automatically collected)
7. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
How Do We Use Your Data ?
1. For purposes of GDPR Compliance 25 May 2018, Lincoln Security is the "data controller".
2. To provide you with the best service possible and provide and meet contractual arrangements with you, once an agreement for the provision of a quotation or sales has been entered into we will store your data on our Sales Order Processing system ‘Orderwise’ which controls all our business records and data in relation to supplies and installations carried out on your behalf and at your request
2. We will retain any Data for as long as is necessary to ensure we can access records at a later date to check and fulfil any warranty periods for you and for the requirement of HMRC to keep legal records of financial transactions between both parties.
3. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy or to conform to our business registration and compliance to SSAIB regulations if you have an Intruder Alarm maintenance contract with us , your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
4. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Register May 2018 . For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
5. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
1. improvement of our products / services;
2. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
1. Lincoln Security may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
2. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling Use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data which may include the following:
use of Data for direct marketing purposes;
sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
1. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing Your Own Personal Data
1. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Lincoln Security
2. Upon request, and within 30 days of your request , we may provide you with a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (in return for a small fee). Please address requests to : email@example.com and insert "Personal Data Access" as the subject heading, or alternatively write to us – The Data Compliance Officer, Lincoln Security Limited 6 Whisby Way Lincoln LN6 3LQ
3. If you do not receive a response to your enquiry - or if you feel your enquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you can contact ICO directly The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 01625 545700
Fax: 01625 524510
Security of Your Data
1. Data security is of great importance to Lincoln Security and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
2. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
3. We always endeavour to do our absolute best to protect your personal data however transmission of information over the internet is not always secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
2. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
3. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Lincoln Security to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
4. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose
Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
5. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
6. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
7. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Lincoln Security via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
We or us, Lincoln Security, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 2138473 whose registered office is at Unit 6, Whisby Way, Lincolnshire, LN6 3LQ;
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Lincoln Security and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Lincoln Security and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, https://www.lincolnsecurity.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
1. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
3. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
4. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
5. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;